Mr. Hanspeter Ackermann, CFA – Executive Director/ Chief Investment Officer
- Mr. Ackermann joined NSIA in August of 2013. He brings over 30 years of investment experience with him.
- From 2010 to 2013 he was Assistant General Manager at Samba Capital in Riyadh, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, where he performed as Chief Investment Officer and Head of Asset Management. He was responsible for managing an asset pool of approximately US$10 billion invested across multiple asset classes.
- Prior to Samba Capital, he was co-founder and Principal of Monteverdi International Management LLC, in New York, USA.
- Mr. Ackermann joined Deutsche Bank in 1996 until 2004 where he was President and Managing Director of Deutsche Bank Investment Management Inc. in New York. He served as CIO and senior portfolio manager for several closed-end mutual funds listed at the New York Stock Exchange.
- From 1993 to 1996 Mr. Ackermann also served as President and Managing Partner of Eiger Asset Management, New York.
- He was Managing Director and CIO, and as Senior Portfolio Manager built the institutional fund management business for Swiss Bank Corporation (UBS) in New York from 1983 to 1993.
- Mr. Ackermann began his career with Banque de L’Indochine et Suez in Paris, France.
- He holds a B.S. in Business Administration from the Handelsschule Kaufmaennischer Verein in Basel, Switzerland. He is a Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA).